Be careful what you wish for...

... you're two year old just might do it. Texas had a cold front come through today and we didn't get above 62. Needless to say, Addison wasn't able to wear shorts to school today. So I trekked upstairs to find the cute pair of jeans that Aunt Micki bought her in August. They're a 3T. Ugh! You should have seen them on her. Way too short. Way too tight. Way too little time to scour the house to find another pair. Yes, I put her in them and sent her off to school. They were pretty embarrassing. The pant legs only came down to her shin! Bad Mommy!

So after school we went to Wal-mart to find a pair that would work. The shelves were empty from everyone being surprised by the cold-front. We went to the outlet mall and all they had were size 5's. They were 2.99 so we bought them... Oh. My. Gosh. They FIT! See for yourself.


After bath time, I asked Addison if she would help me fold clothes. She was GREAT and put away all of the washcloths in the bathroom herself. I must admit, I was thinking the whole time how wonderfully helpful she was being. Andy wanted to get in on the helpfulness so he asked her to put away his socks. She did that perfectly as well. The last pair of socks she had were hers so Andy asked her if she knew where to put her socks. I was changing Emme's diaper and not really paying attention. The next thing I know, Andy asked where Addison was and all of a sudden we hear her little feet running on the wood floors upstairs, a slam of a drawer and a giggle. She went upstairs all by herself and put her clothes away. Flabbergasted! That's what we were. Nervous that she went up the stairs without us, but a bit in awe that she put her socks away. She came back down (with Andy's supervision) and continued on her "kid" ways by playing in her boat. See below...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She was triple-dog-dared

Pappy = Pee-Paw