Florida - Birds, Butterflies and Giraffes, Oh My!

For the third and final installment of my enchanting recap about our trip to Florida, I definitely saved the best for last. The last two days of our trip we adventured to Butterfly World and Lion Country Safari. Addison (and obviously Emerson) had never been to a zoo before and she had such a great time. Again, Andy and I were blown away by how daring and fearless she was around all of the animals. At butterfly world, there were thousands of butterflies floating around everywhere but she probably enjoyed feeding the fish most of all. She giggled and giggled at how their mouths opened wide to be fed. My favorite part of the two days was when Addison and I were able to feed the lorikeets and giraffe. I did both of them first and asked Addison if she wanted to feed them. She did!!! We didn't get many great pictures of her feeding the giraffes, but she thought it was pretty cool nonetheless. She also got the opportunity to ride on a full sized carousel. We watched it go around a few times and she said she wanted to ride on the zebra... now a favorite word in the house... and she couldn't stop smiling the entire time it went around and around and up and down. On our final night we went to a Luau and were entertained by some performers. Addison was entranced again (or maybe just worn out from all of the excitement) and watched the entire show clapping along with everyone and having as much fun as a two year old can have.

Kerry






Comments

Unknown said…
I love the giraffe pictures, of course; but the one of Emme in her "hat" is priceless..
Love, Mom (alias Nana Rose)

Popular posts from this blog

She was triple-dog-dared

Pappy = Pee-Paw