Update on Emme
I thought I should take the time to update everyone about Emme. She's had a stomach sickness since we traveled to the Midwest back in late September. We kept thinking it would pass, but we continued to wake up with an unhappy Emme two to three times a night. We're running tests on her to see if she picked up some kind of bug during our travels, but until we get those results next week our doctor has asked us to remove all dairy from her meals. He thinks she has developed some type of milk allergy. For those of you that aren't around Emme very often, I should say that she loves her milk almost as much as she loves her mommy! She actually went on a hunger strike until she was able to get milk! We ended up giving her soy milk, but we're not sure that there has been a huge improvement yet. She did sleep through the night last night, though. Unfortunately, she also developed a weird rash today. We're trying to be creative about not giving her yogurt, cheese and milk, but we really do have one of those items at every meal, so it hasn't been easy.
I will keep you posted about what we find out, but please send some positive thoughts Emmelove's way.
Kerry
P.S. You can't really tell that Emme's been feeling under the weather based on the pictures from the last post. She really is a rough and tumble kind of baby, and I think she has a pain tolerance that rivals the best of them!
I will keep you posted about what we find out, but please send some positive thoughts Emmelove's way.
Kerry
P.S. You can't really tell that Emme's been feeling under the weather based on the pictures from the last post. She really is a rough and tumble kind of baby, and I think she has a pain tolerance that rivals the best of them!
Comments